The Mcmillan Law Firm - The-McMillan-Law-Firm-Scott-La-Mesa
San Diego attorney Scott McMillan, La Mesa law firm, Michelle Volk, the associate, claimed on his website it was a “leading” litigation firm. The fact is, if “leading” means having lost virtually every appeal, and having a client sanctioned for $16,000 is what being a top firm, then The McMillan Law Firm is certainly “leading” the way.
Just the Court of Appeal in San Diego reports The McMillan Law Firm has litigated 69 cases. That excludes numerous writ petitions in the California Supreme Court. I have only been able to locate a few wins, but with such a horrific loss ratio, I hope this notices the public of the danger of taking a website at face value where an attorney misrepresents his status as a “leading” law firm, or an expert without substantial backing to support claim.
A few of the most recent loses,
• Williams v. Nordstrom, Inc., SD Sup Ct. 37-2014-00007604-CU-CR-CTL, Plaintiff and his counsel, were sanctioned nearly $16,000 for discovery abuse; case on appeal, see Case Number D069051
• Williams v. The Superior Court of San Diego County/Nordstrom, Inc., D068765, 37-2014-00007604-CU-CR-CTL (writ denied)
• McMillan Law Group, Inc. et al. v. The Superior Court of San Diego County/Yelp, Inc. 37-2014-00004953-CU-BT-CTL, D067610 (writ denied) [law firm posted its OWN reviews]
• Plikaytis v. Fairmont, L.P. et al. Case Number D066876 (lost appeal)
• McMillan Law Group, Inc. et al. v. The Superior Court of San Diego County/Yelp, Inc.D067610
37-2014-00004953-CU-BT-CTL (case where law firm was sued by Yelp! for posting its OWN REVIEWS – lost writ petition)
• Kelegian v. Anders et al., Case Number D067328 (Transfer/certification denied)
• Williams v. Digius et al. Case No. D064183 (opposed defendant’s appeal and lost)
• Oceans Eleven Casino v. Anders, Case Number S219395 (lost California Supreme Court case)
• Bridgeman v. Allen et al., Case Number D062183 (lost appeal AND McMillan’s client forced to pay costs of respondent)
• Morton v. Spotts, Case Number D058640 (McMillan lost appeal – his client lost at trial and found liable for $15,000)
Real, well-educated attorneys (McMillan graduated from a small unknown school behind a car dealership at the time) I believe have true success rates and publish those cases to demonstrate success – see Horvitz & Levy recent wins, or even the one man firm of The Ehrlich Firm has numerous wins to his credit, or Morris Polich & Purdy who have dozens of wins at the court of appeal and supreme court. The point being, I think those law firms earned the right to claim to be experts, and “leading” law firms since each firms history demonstrates they truly win. Typically, a law firm does not self proclaim it “is” a “leading” law firm, but they are ranked by the legal community, legal publications, and provided awards and other forms of recognition by legal associations, government, etc. I do not believe not believe an attorney should claim to be a “leading” law firm, have an office by the train tracks in east San Diego, and also operate a law school out of a small office (yes it’s true Scott McMillan is also Dean of The McMillan Academy of Law – which does not have a single graduate who has passed the bar, see “0” students took bar exam. Real “leading” attorneys, in my humble opinion, do not claim honorable, federal agents, intimidated him and had stolen product from his client (I have not heard anything about the agents being charged with crimes or fired) or simply “won” $20 for his client. But that’s just my opinion. Verify what you read, and make no determinations on the above information – verify the facts on your own so you can make the right decision about what is and is not misleading information provided by an attorney and you believe is a “leading” attorney for Scott McMillan may have one more person in a county of 3 Million who believes he’s leading the way.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- The McMillan Law Firm should stop claiming to be a leading law firm to clients, unless he is determined to be such by peer review, legal publication, etc
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- The Mcmillan Law Firm La Mesa San Diego
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Before doing any business with Alfred Kayser, you should know that if he talks you into doing his rewiring service which he touts as superior to stock, he will attempt..."
- "Ingram united presbyterian church Pastor Aaron has called me to tell me that he spreaded the word to people of items that I needed because I had nothing and after..."
- "I recently took my desktop computer to Michael Elchhorn for repair due to a power surge. I thought only the power supply had been affected however when i purchased a..."
- "I just filled my newly purchased above ground pool and the seam is defective, slowly leaking water. I put a patch on to keep my yard from becoming a..."
- "Ordered a T-Shirt for a birthday present on Oct. 19. Birthday is Dec. 10. Still waiting, all I got was one answer after 40+ tries and they said it is..."
- "Me and my Husband hsving been going to Starbucks for 6 years in El Cajon CA. This is ***. That we KEEP GETTING WATER DOWN..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."